The LifeKids director is responsible for nurturing children’s relationship with Jesus by creating opportunities for them to experience God’s love and share it with others. The main role of the LifeKids director is to provide oversight and leadership of the LifeKids ministry and volunteer leaders. LifeKids encompasses any child aged 0 to 5th grade and their family.
- Oversee all LifeKids programming, virtual and in-person
- Recruit, schedule, train, and pray for children’s ministry volunteers
- Effectively manage the children’s ministry budget
- Communicate consistently and effectively with parents/guardians of the children in our LifeKids ministry
- Maintain a safe environment for students by implementing safety protocols
- Oversee the process of selecting and implementing curriculum
- Create annual goals for LifeKids in conjunction with the Associate Pastor
- Run occasional special events focused on community outreach
- Reports to Associate Pastor
- Servant leader with a passion to grow God’s Kingdom
- Affirm LCAH values
- Ability to be flexible and think creatively
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and professional discernment
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart
- 1-3 years experience working with children in ethnically diverse environments
- Commitment to growing in your competence working cross-culturally with others
Compensation and commitment
This is a contract position that will be paid $1,000 for each month’s work. The expectation will be for the LifeKids director to work approximately 15 hours per week (including Sunday morning) fulfilling the responsibilities listed above. Some weeks may require additional tasks/hours for special events.
Send resume and cover letter to Executive Pastor Yang Chen at:
About LifeChurch Auburn Hills
LifeChurch Auburn Hills (LCAH) is a multicultural community being transformed and empowered by the grace, truth, and love of Jesus. We launched in 2019 with the goal of making disciples in Auburn Hills that would be sent to make disciples all over the world. Three of our distinctive values are:
Uniting in Diversity
We believe that ethnic diversity is God-ordained, sacred, and eternal. We will celebrate the beauty of God’s creativity and variety in making people differently. We believe God desires unity amongst his diverse creation, with a sole focus on following the ways of Jesus together. As a result, we will work in all ways to unite together across our differences.
Serving, not being served
We understand that greatness comes from putting the needs of others, especially the most vulnerable and hurting, above our own. We will be a community that serves the needs of others before we serve ourselves, understanding that the necessary strength and joy to live this often difficult way only comes from the power of the Holy Spirit.
We recognize that human life is full of difficulty, hurt, pain, sickness, and the like. We understand that every person has been wronged and hurt through the evil forces at work in this world. We will be a community that remembers that every person is facing challenges before we attempt to correct necessary wrongs and injustices. We will be known for our gentle way that we bring justice into the lives of others.