The Communications Intern tells the story of what God is doing in and through the LifeChurch Auburn Hills community through our social media channels, website, and email marketing platform. They play a key role in facilitating how and when these communications are shared with our community, and are an active member of the engaging and creative culture of the Communications Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
The following responsibilities represent a range of potential areas of work based on each candidates specific interests and expertise:
- Create a communications calendar to schedule social media posts, emails, and website updates to go out to the LCAH community
- Create communication campaigns for key events, sermon series, and other initiatives
- Create content for LCAH social media pages (Facebook and Instagram)
- Write emails to be sent out to the LCAH community
- Create graphics to be included in social media posts (also used on the LCAH website and emails)
- Collaborate with the Communications Team to plan for promoting upcoming events, services, and initiatives
Requirements & Qualifications
- Experience with creating content for social media and/or websites. Expertise in graphic and/or website design is a plus!
- A desire to learn and gain experience in creating content that tells a story through social media
- Willingness to grow in awareness of your own cultural identity and ability to communicate cross-culturally
- 8-10 hours per week
- Attending 2 LCAH services, group, or event per month
Email a short cover letter and resume to Brendan Dry at [email protected]
About LifeChurch Auburn Hills
LifeChurch Auburn Hills (LCAH) is a multicultural community being transformed and empowered by the grace, truth, and love of Jesus. We launched in 2019 with the goal of making disciples in Auburn Hills that would be sent to make disciples all over the world. Three of our distinctive values are:
Uniting in Diversity
We believe that ethnic diversity is God-ordained, sacred, and eternal. We will celebrate the beauty of God’s creativity and variety in making people differently. We believe God desires unity amongst his diverse creation, with a sole focus on following the ways of Jesus together. As a result, we will work in all ways to unite together across our differences.
Serving, not being served
We understand that greatness comes from putting the needs of others, especially the most vulnerable and hurting, above our own. We will be a community that serves the needs of others before we serve ourselves, understanding that the necessary strength and joy to live this often difficult way only comes from the power of the Holy Spirit.
We recognize that human life is full of difficulty, hurt, pain, sickness, and the like. We understand that every person has been wronged and hurt through the evil forces at work in this world. We will be a community that remembers that every person is facing challenges before we attempt to correct necessary wrongs and injustices. We will be known for our gentle way that we bring justice into the lives of others.