Lunchtime Conversation - Indigenous Community
Books about Indigenous People
- Neither Wolf Nor Dog by Steve Newborn
- Crazy Horse and Custer by Stephen E Ambrose.
- Discovering Indigenous Lands: The Doctrine of Discovery in the English
- Colonies by Robert J. Miller, Jacinta Ruru, Larissa Behrendt, Tracey Lindberg, 2010
- In the Courts of the Conqueror: 10 Worst Indian Law Cases Ever Decided by Echo- Hawk, Walter R
- Hawaii’s Story by Hawaii’s Queen by Liliuokalani, 1898
- Fifty Miles from Tomorrow: A Memoir of Alaska and the Real People by Willie Hensley
Books from an Indigenous Theological perspective
- Unsettling Truths by Mark Charles and Soong Chah Rah
- One God Many Tribes by Richard Twiss
- Rescuing the Gospel from the Cowboys by Richard Twiss
- Shalom and the Community of Creation: An Indigenous Vision by Randy Woodley
- Indian Horse (2017): A film from Canada about the abuse by the Church in a boarding
school and the impact and affect throughout the man’s life.
- The Grizzlies: A modern day story of an Inuit community in Canada that battles
suicide and other challenges through Lacrosse.
- Rabbit Proof Fence: A story of aboriginals in Australia
- Whale Rider: A movie based in New Zealand among Maori people. The revival of
traditional knowledge and story.
- SupaMan: A rapper from the Crow Nation whose lyrics take a stand on racism.
- Broken Walls: A musician from the Mohawk tribe who writes worship songs while using his language and drums in the worship.
- First Alaskan Institute https://www.facebook.com/FirstAlaskansInstitute/
- Native news Online https://nativenewsonline.net
- Indianz a online news resource https://www.indianz.com